Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crazy Last Minute Trip to UTAH












I must be crazy or as Michael likes to say a martyr. I decided on July 10th that I was going to leave the next night and drive to Utah through the night. I left Michael at home to work and left with the boys and their oldest cousin on the Asay's side to go visit Grandma and Grandpa Asay. We got there early afternoon on Monday and I was exhausted. Anyway I had a great time and thought I'd post some pictures. Here's a list of what we did and saw.
Monday afternoon-Splash pad on Soda Row in Daybreak near Grandma and Grandpa's house
Tuesday morning-Drove to Salt Lake and went to Liberty Park
Tuesday afternoon-the boys and I went to visit my friend Cindy then we all went to Carl's Jr for Dinner(it had a playplace) Good fast food with entertainment for the kids, why don't we have this luxury in Portland?
Wednesday-Kennecott Copper Mine (the boys loved the models, the big hole and most of all the souvenir shop.
Thursday-This is the Place Heritage Park, if you have been to Navoo this seems like a miniature version. We met up with Shannon and her four kids. We all had a blast.
Friday-We met up with Shannon and the kids again and went to Cherry Hill where we played most of the day in the water. After heading back to their house we left for home. Stayed the night in Twin Falls and got home late Saturday evening. All in all it was worth the driving but I don't think I'll be doing it again too soon.

2 comments:

5Youngers said...

Great pics Meg! This sounds like something I would do only minus all the kids in the car for 15 hours. You are one daring woman!

Shannon E. said...

We had such a blast! I am so glad you decided to come down.