Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day in the Principals Office

Wow what an emotional roller coaster. Eddie started Kindergarten this morning. He was all excited last night and wanted to ride the bus but this morning wasn't willing to get dressed or eat breakfast in a fast enough manner to catch the bus(which leaves at 7:25am). So he had to resort to walking with Aaron and I. When we got there Eddie seemed to be doing fine, he put his backpack in his locker, and sat down to start coloring. He asked me to help him color an apple. I told him how I needed to go and that he needed to stay in his class and work on his own. At that point he tried hiding behind me. I tried to get him to give Ian and I hugs and kisses and say goodbye. He wasn't having any of that. His teacher tried to get him to wave goodbye but he just kept insisting that I shouldn't go anywhere. I said bye and took Ian and walked out the door. As I'm leaving I hear the screaming start. Not a whimper but a death scream of, "MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM." He kept going and going while I walked out of the building and started crying myself. I went around to the front office to make sure that he would eventually stop crying. I stayed out of Eddie's view and watched as the principal headed down to Eddie classroom, picked him up and then carried him back to the Principal's office where Eddie hung out while he cooled down. I guess he eventually calmed down because the Principal insisted I just head home and come pick him up at the normal time. However in the process Eddie saw me and ran over to give Ian and me one last hug and kiss. He was more than happy to then return to class. When I picked him up after school the Principal said that Eddie seemed to be doing better in class, however the Principal had to talk to Eddie a few times at recess. So all in all Eddie had a great school beginning (said with just a little bit of sarcasm).

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I hope it gets easier next week! (for both of you) He just loves his mom. I can't blame him, you pretty much rock. :)

Sara said...

I'm so sorry Megan. I love you and I love your little sons. Good luck this week!!

Kim said...

Oh man ~ sounds like a fun day. I hope the week improves! One of the hardest things to do as a mom is walk away when they are crying. I feel for you!